The greens of the rainforest clambering over tropical mountains that plunge into the sea. The golden yellow sandy beaches washed by waves. The black trunks of coconut palms pushing their fronds to catch the tropic breeze. Bird song and the ripple of waves thread through the colours.
To frame your honeymoon are the open pavilions of the main lodge and the privacy of the timber tree top bungalows set in a eucalypt forest. Amongst this setting of nature's romance you can indulge in the luxury of delicious cuisine reflecting the tropics, with local ingredients complemented by excellent Australian wines. Or you may prefer to dine intimately on your own tree top verandah with a gourmet basket delivered to you.
The staff at Thala Beach Lodge are warm, friendly and professional from the smiling face that welcomes you to the hand that guides you through your adventures on the reef, in the rainforest and Thala's own experiences.
Your room is nestled amongst the Eucalypt forest, which has been carefully preserved. We have a great variety of forest, which provide habitats for some extraordinary birds, plants and animals. The bungalows are nestled in the forest canopy, providing a magical and unobtrusive relationship with the natural world surrounding them. Our guest bungalows are in three distinct accommodation categories.
Thala Beach Lodge. Your Honeymoon resort on a private beach close to Port Douglas!
We have a special honeymoon package available:
Honeymoon Coral Dreamings
- 4 nights accommodation in a Eucalypt Bungalow with full breakfast daily.
- A full day cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- One a la carte dinner for two at Osprey's Restaurant
- Return transfers from Cairns Airport / Cairns City hotel / Port Douglas.
- Onsite guided tours by specialist staff including bird watching, nature walks, outdoor star gazing and a unique coconut odyssey.